Bill is our MSP for Glasgow Anniesland, and previously served as a regional MSP for Glasgow and a local Councillor for Drumchapel/Anniesland.
Bill is a staunch supporter of anti-nuclear power and weapons policies. He is Co-President of Parliamentarians for Nuclear Non-Proliferation and Disarmament (PNND), an international organisation comprising 70 Parliaments and over 800 members from around the World who engage in working towards nuclear non-proliferation and nuclear disarmament issues. Bill and the PNND were nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2016.
He also has given numerous speeches at various United Nations conferences on the abolition of nuclear weapons.
Bill is currently the Convener of the Scottish Parliament’s Standards, Procedures and Public Appointments committee. He served as Chief Whip in the Scottish Government from 2012 to 2018. Bill also supports the work of trade unions, having previously represented the SNP Trade Union Group on the Party’s National Executive Committee.
Constituency Office: 476 Crow Road, Glasgow, G11 7DR
Phone: 0141 339 3277
Bill’s surgery details:
|1st Monday of each month||5:00 pm||Broomhill Primary School Annexe, 67 Randolph Road, G11 7EE|
|1st Friday of each month||12:00 pm||Knightswood Community Centre, 201 Alderman Road, G13 3DD|
|2nd Monday of each month||5:00 pm||St Ninian’s Primary School, 2150 Great Western Road G13 2AB|
|3rd Monday of each month||4:00 pm||Drumchapel Community Centre, 320 Kinfauns Drive, G15 7TH|
|4th Friday of each month||11:00 am||Heart of Scotstoun Community Centre, 64 Balmoral Street, G14 0HB|
Please note: there are no surgeries during school holidays or public holidays.
Bill is happy to visit community groups and to arrange home visits
for the elderly and disabled. Please contact the office on 0141 339 3277 for further details.
You can read Bill’s most recent appearances in the Scottish Parliament below:
- Bill Kidd: I welcome the action that the Scottish Government has taken to break down the barriers that many women and girls face in accessing organised sport. I believe that it is important that women and girls are well represented in the sporting community of Scotland. What action is the Scottish Government taking at a […]
- Bill Kidd: 8. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to encourage women and girls to participate in organised sport. (S5O-05153)
- Bill Kidd: In an interview with the BBC, Sir Keir Starmer has claimed that in the forthcoming Scottish Parliament election Trident is not on the ballot paper, because it is not a matter for Holyrood. However, in 2015, here at Holyrood, Labour voted to oppose nuclear weapons, which was brilliant. Does the First Minister agree […]
- Bill Kidd: The report recommends that Parliament agree a change to the code of conduct for MSPs relating to the threshold for the registration of gifts. The gifts threshold is dictated by the Interests of Members of the Scottish Parliament Act 2006, and is expressed as a percentage of a member’s salary at the start […]
- Bill Kidd: The Standards, Procedures and Public Appointments Committee’s report proposing rule changes relating to the financial scrutiny of bills responds to the increasing role of revenue from devolved taxation following the changes that were made to the Scottish Parliament’s legislative competence by the Scotland Act 2016. The proposed changes primarily relate to rule 9.3.2 […]