Bill is our MSP for Glasgow Anniesland, and previously served as a regional MSP for Glasgow and a local Councillor for Drumchapel/Anniesland.
Bill is a staunch supporter of anti-nuclear power and weapons policies. He is Co-President of Parliamentarians for Nuclear Non-Proliferation and Disarmament (PNND), an international organisation comprising 70 Parliaments and over 800 members from around the World who engage in working towards nuclear non-proliferation and nuclear disarmament issues. Bill and the PNND were nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2016.
He also has given numerous speeches at various United Nations conferences on the abolition of nuclear weapons.
Bill is currently the Convener of the Scottish Parliament’s Standards, Procedures and Public Appointments committee. He served as Chief Whip in the Scottish Government from 2012 to 2018. Bill also supports the work of trade unions, having previously represented the SNP Trade Union Group on the Party’s National Executive Committee.
Constituency Office: 476 Crow Road, Glasgow, G11 7DR
Phone: 0141 339 3277
Bill’s surgery details:
|1st Monday of each month||5:00 pm||Broomhill Primary School Annexe, 67 Randolph Road, G11 7EE|
|1st Friday of each month||12:00 pm||Knightswood Community Centre, 201 Alderman Road, G13 3DD|
|2nd Monday of each month||5:00 pm||St Ninian’s Primary School, 2150 Great Western Road G13 2AB|
|3rd Monday of each month||4:00 pm||Drumchapel Community Centre, 320 Kinfauns Drive, G15 7TH|
|4th Friday of each month||11:00 am||Heart of Scotstoun Community Centre, 64 Balmoral Street, G14 0HB|
Please note: there are no surgeries during school holidays or public holidays.
Bill is happy to visit community groups and to arrange home visits
for the elderly and disabled. Please contact the office on 0141 339 3277 for further details.
You can read Bill’s most recent appearances in the Scottish Parliament below:
- Bill Kidd: Can the minister outline how the actions that were set out in the “Heat in Buildings Strategy” will help to deliver the ambitious climate change goals?
- Scottish Parliament: Covid-19 Recovery Strategy (Community Resilience and Mental Health) (29 Jun 2022)Bill Kidd: During the pandemic, Yoker, in my Glasgow Anniesland constituency, was surveyed for community resilience as part of efforts by the Scottish Association for Mental Health, Inspire, Mind and the Co-operative Group to understand what makes communities resilient and how that strengthens individuals’ mental health. The Covid recovery strategy highlights how important communities are […]
- Scottish Parliament: Covid-19 Recovery Strategy (Community Resilience and Mental Health) (29 Jun 2022)Bill Kidd: 5. To ask the Scottish Government whether its Covid recovery strategy includes the provision of funding for charities working to strengthen community resilience and support mental health. (S6O-01288)
- Bill Kidd: It is long established that an independent Scotland will be free of nuclear weapons on the basis that such indiscriminate weapons of mass destruction and mass murder are morally abhorrent and should in no circumstances be used. Despite the United Nations Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons having made the use and […]
- Bill Kidd: 5. To ask the Scottish Government what its position is, regarding the potential impact on Scotland, on the upcoming first meeting of states parties to the UN Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons in Vienna. (S6O-01235)