Bill is our MSP for Glasgow Anniesland, and previously served as a regional MSP for Glasgow and a local Councillor for Drumchapel/Anniesland.
Bill is a staunch supporter of anti-nuclear power and weapons policies. He is Co-President of Parliamentarians for Nuclear Non-Proliferation and Disarmament (PNND), an international organisation comprising 70 Parliaments and over 800 members from around the World who engage in working towards nuclear non-proliferation and nuclear disarmament issues. Bill and the PNND were nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2016.
He also has given numerous speeches at various United Nations conferences on the abolition of nuclear weapons.
Bill is currently the Convener of the Scottish Parliament’s Standards, Procedures and Public Appointments committee. He served as Chief Whip in the Scottish Government from 2012 to 2018. Bill also supports the work of trade unions, having previously represented the SNP Trade Union Group on the Party’s National Executive Committee.
Constituency Office: 476 Crow Road, Glasgow, G11 7DR
Phone: 0141 339 3277
Bill’s surgery details:
|1st Monday of each month||5:00 pm||Broomhill Primary School Annexe, 67 Randolph Road, G11 7EE|
|1st Friday of each month||12:00 pm||Knightswood Community Centre, 201 Alderman Road, G13 3DD|
|2nd Monday of each month||5:00 pm||St Ninian’s Primary School, 2150 Great Western Road G13 2AB|
|3rd Monday of each month||4:00 pm||Drumchapel Community Centre, 320 Kinfauns Drive, G15 7TH|
|4th Friday of each month||11:00 am||Heart of Scotstoun Community Centre, 64 Balmoral Street, G14 0HB|
Please note: there are no surgeries during school holidays or public holidays.
Bill is happy to visit community groups and to arrange home visits
for the elderly and disabled. Please contact the office on 0141 339 3277 for further details.
You can read Bill’s most recent appearances in the Scottish Parliament below:
- Bill Kidd: I welcome you to your new post, Presiding Officer. I thank the minister for his clear statement and welcome him to his new role. Can the minister provide any further detail on measures that the Scottish Government is taking to provide certainty for our vital public services during this difficult time?
- Bill Kidd: Welcome to your new role, Presiding Officer. I welcome the new cabinet secretary to her role, too, and I thank her—or, I assume that I will thank her—in that regard. It is clearly impressed on MSPs that it is our collective duty to use every means at our disposal to address poverty inequalities. […]
- Bill Kidd: made a solemn affirmation.
- Bill Kidd: I welcome the action that the Scottish Government has taken to break down the barriers that many women and girls face in accessing organised sport. I believe that it is important that women and girls are well represented in the sporting community of Scotland. What action is the Scottish Government taking at a […]
- Bill Kidd: 8. To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to encourage women and girls to participate in organised sport. (S5O-05153)